The Coarse-Grained Computing P2P Algorithm Based on SPKI
Distributed components, such as CORBA and COM+, implement the two-way invocation between the client and server using RPC in the distributed network. RPC requires that server must be certain and online all the time, which will endow the server with heavy burden and the system with single dependence on the server. The task certification and result certification, based on SPKI, are proposed to transform the RPC to Request/Response of XML-formed Certification. DHT is used to store and look up the certificates, which enable MR2CG (the Method of Coarse-Grained P2P Computing Based on XML Request/Response) to get rid of the limitation of the server and support the different kinds of Coarse-grained P2P computing.
KeywordsAllot Task Distribute Hash Table Result Certificate Task Partition Lookup Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sun Microsystems.: Remote Procedure Call Protocol Specification RFC 1057 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.OMG. CORBAservices: Common Object Services Specification (1999) Google Scholar
- 5.MICROSOFT. DCOM: Distributed Component Object Model Protocol – DCOM/1.0 (1996) Google Scholar
- 6.Sullivan, W.T., Werthimer, D., Bowyer, S., Cobb, J., Gedye, D., Anderson, D.: A new major SETI project based on Project Serendip data and 100,000 personal computers. In: Astronomical and Biochemical Origins and the Search for Life in the Universe. Proc. of the Fifth Intl. Conf. on Bioastronomy (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Ellison, C., Frantz, B., Lampson, B., Rivest, R., Thomas, B., Ylonen, T.: SPKI Certificate Theory, RFC 2693 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Plaxton, C., Rajaraman, R., Richa, A.: Accessing nearby copies of replicated objects in a distributed environment. In: Proceedings of the ACM SPAA (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Ratnasamy, S., Francis, P., Handley, M., Karp, R., Shenker, S.: A Scalable Content-Addressable Network. In: ACM SIGCOMM (2001)Google Scholar