M-Channel Nonuniform Filter Banks with Arbitrary Scaling Factors
In conventional filter banks, the sampling factors are restricted to rational numbers and frequency partition is always rather inflexible, stemming from the fact that certain constraint on each subband position is always placed. In this paper, we present a class of M-channel nonuniform filter banks with arbitrary sampling factors including integer, rational, and even irrational numbers. Consequently, the frequency partitioning in the proposed filter bank is much more flexible, which is very attractive in many applications.
KeywordsFilter Bank Irrational Number Sampling Factor Synthesis Part Decimation Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hoang, P.Q., Vaidyanathan, P.P.: Non-uniform multirate filter banks: Theory and design. In: Proc. Int. Symp. Circuits Syst., pp. 371–374 (1989)Google Scholar
- 3.Kovacevic, J., Vetterli, M.: Perfect reconstruction filter banks with rational sampling factors. IEEE Trans. Signal Processing 42, 2047–2066 (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, B., Bruton, L.T.: The design of N-band nonuniform-band maximally decimated filter banks. In: Proc. Asilomar Conf., pp. 1281–1285 (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Xie, X.M., Chan, S.C., Yuk, T.I.: A design of recombination nonuniform filter banks with linear-phase analysis and synthesis filters. IEEE Trans. Signal Processing (2006) (accepted for publication)Google Scholar
- 8.Adams, J.W., Bayma, R.W., Nelson, J.E.: Digital filter design for generalized interpolation. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits Syst., vol. 2, pp. 1299–1302 (1989)Google Scholar
- 11.Pei, S.C., Kao, M.P.: A two-channel nonuniform perfect reconstruction filter bank with irrational down-sampling factors. IEEE Signal Processing Letters 12 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhao, W., Rao, R.M.: Continuous-dilation discrete-time self-similar signals and linear scale-invariant systems. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process., vol. 3, pp. 1549–1552 (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao, W., Rao, R.M.: Discrete-time continuous-dilation wavelet transforms. In: Proc. IEEE-SP Int. Symp. Time-Frequency Time-Scale Anal., pp. 233–236 (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Vaidyanathan, P.P.: Multirate Systems and Filter Banks. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1992)Google Scholar