Blind Multi-user Detection for Multi-carrier CDMA Systems with Uniform Linear Arrays
To mitigate the inter-chip and inter-symbol interferences (ISI), multi-carrier code-division multiple access (MC-CDMA) communication systems, which integrate the advantages of multi-carrier transmission systems with those of CDMA, are considered as promising techniques for future broadband wireless multimedia communications. In this paper, we focus on the uplink multi-user detection (MUD) on the scheme that a uniform linear array (ULA) is applied to the base station of the MC-CDMA system. We first describe the equivalent spatial-temporal channel model of multi-user multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) MC-CDMA systems. Based on this scheme, by utilizing the finite alphabet property of transmitted symbols, an multi-user detector is derived for the MC-CDMA system with the ULA over frequency-selective fading channels. Computer simulations illustrate that our algorithm is more robust against noise and can well mitigate multiple access interference (MAI) in multi-user scenarios. In particular, the proposed scheme has the potential of providing the anticipated MUD performance gains with a complexity that would be manageable for MC-CDMA systems.
KeywordsRoot Mean Square Error Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Discrete Fourier Transform Finite Impulse Response CDMA System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yee, N., Linnartz, J.-P., Fettweis, G.: Multicarrier CDMA in indoor wireless radio networks. In: Proc. IEEE PIMRC 1993, Yokohama, Japan, pp. 109–113 (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Hara, S., Prasad, R.: Overview of Multicarrier CDMA. IEEE Communication Magazine, 126–133 (December 1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Tong, L., Xu, G., Kailath, T.: A new approach to blind identification and equalization of multipath channels. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Commun., June 1992, pp. 1513–1517 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang, B., Wu, X., Yin, Q.: Blind uplink channel estimation and multiuser detection for wideband CDMA. In: Proc. WCC-ICSP 2000, Beijing, China, August 2000, pp. 1798–1801 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Sun, W., Li, H.B.: A subspace-based channel identification algorithm for forward link in space-time coded MC-CDMA systems. In: WCNC 2002, vol. 1, pp. 17–21. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Xiaojun, W., Qinye, Y., Aigang, F.: Equivalently blind time-domain channel estimation for MC-CDMA system over frequency-selective fading channels in multi-user scenario. In: Proc. IEEE VTC, USA (2001)Google Scholar