A Route System Based on Ant Colony for Coarse-Grain Reconfigurable Architecture
It is very important to design a good routing-system for the whole compile-synthesis system of reconfigurable architecture (RA). Because the routing resources of coarse-grain RA (CGRA) are less than those of fine-grain RA, and several functions are often defined in same one element of RA, it is difficult to find a good route. Therefore, it is more important for routing-algorithm of CGRA to have stronger ability of finding feasible and optimum path. In the paper, the improved max—min Ant System (MMAS) that added the ability of smell for ant is applied for the routing problem of CGRA. By several benchmarks on CTaiJi that is a new developed CGRA, The improved MMAS shows better ability to find the best solution than PathFinder that is often used now.
KeywordsConnected Graph Field Programmable Gate Array Optimum Path Pheromone Trail Rout Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hartenstein, R.: A Decade of Reconfigurable Computing: a Visionary Retrospective. In: DATE 2001, Int’l Conference on Design Automation and Testing in Europe - and Exhibit, Munich, Germany, March 12-15 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.(2005-7-11), http://www.pactcorp.com
- 3.Kamalizad, A.H., Pan, C., Bagherzadeh, N.: Fast Parallel FFT on a Reconfigurable Computation Platform. In: Proceedings of the 15th Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2003) (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Yeung, A.K.W., Rabaey, J.M.: A Reconfigurable Data-driven Multi-Processor Architecture for Rapid Prototyping of High Throughput DSP Algorithms. In: Proc. ICASSP 1997, Munich, Germany (April 1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Liguo, S., Yuxian, J.: CTaiJi——a new coarse grain re-configurable computing platform. Microelectronics and computer (September 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Dees, W., Smith, R.: Performance of Interconnection Rip-Up and Reroute Strategies. In: Proc. 18th Design Automation Conference, June 1981, pp. 382–390 (1981)Google Scholar
- 8.Hill, D.: A CAD System for the Design of Field Programmable Gate Arrays. In: Proc. 28th Design Automation Conference, June 1991, pp. 187–192 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.McMurchie, L., Ebeling, C.: PathFinder: A Negotiation-Based Performance-Driven Router for FPGAsGoogle Scholar
- 11.Shiyong, L.: Ant colony and its application. Published by HaErBin University of Industrial (2004)Google Scholar