Immune Clonal Strategies Based on Three Mutation Methods
Based on the clonal selection theory, the main mechanisms of clone are analyzed in this paper, a new immune operator, Clonal Operator, inspired by the Immune System is discussed firstly. Based on the Clonal operator, we propose Immune Clonal Strategy Algorithm (ICSA); three different mutation mechanisms including Gaussian mutation, Cauthy mutation and Mean mutation are used in IMSA. IMSA based on these three methods are compared with Classical Evolutionary Strategy (CES) on a set of benchmark functions, the numerical results show that ICSA is capable of avoiding prematurity, increasing the converging speed and keeping the variety of solution. Additionally, we present a general evaluation of the complexity of ICSA.
KeywordsClonal Selection Artificial Immune System Benchmark Function Clonal Strategy Clonal Mutation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.De Castro, L.N., Von Zuben, F.J.: Artificial immune systems: Part I—basic theory and applications. Technical Report DCA-RT 01/99, School of Computing and Electrical Engineering, State University of Campinas, Brazil (1999), Available: http://www.dca.fee.unicamp.br/~Inunes/immunes.html
- 4.Forrest, S., Steven, A.H.: Immunology as Information Processing from Design Principles for Immune System & Other Distributed Autonomous Systems. In: Segel, L.A., Cohen, I.R. (eds.), pp. 361–387. Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford (2000), www.cs.unm.edu/~forrest/publications/iaip.pdf
- 5.Burnet, F.M.: The Clonal Selection Theory of Acquired Immunity. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1959)Google Scholar
- 6.Forsdyke, D.R.: The origins of the clonal selection theory of immunity as a case study for evaluation in science. The FASEB Journal 9, 164–166 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Jerne, N.K.: Towards a network theory of the immune system. Ann. Immunology (Inst. Pasteur.) 125(C), 373–389 (1974)Google Scholar
- 10.DasGupta, D.: Artficial Immune Systems and Their Applications. Springer, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Jiao, L.C., Wang, L.: A Novel genetic Algorithm based on Immunity. IEEE Trans. On Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part A Systems and Humans 30(5), 551–552 (2000)Google Scholar
- 17.Liu, R.C., Du, H.F., Jiao, L.C.: Immunity Ployclonal Strategy. Journal of Computer Research and Development 41(4), 571–576 (2004)Google Scholar