A Design on the Digital Audio Synthesis Filter by DALUT
Semiconductor Technology and multimedia communication has been developed to interest in high quality video and multi channels audio. Especially, it is trend to important technology so that DVD market grows rapidly. Mpeg audio standard is available support for any bit rate. In this paper, the design of Field Programmable Gate Array(FPGA) is presented mpeg audio synthesis filter by Distributed Arithmetic Look Up Table(DALUT) method. In order to design for high speed filter that operated from 10MHz to 30MHz and DALUT is used instead of multiplier. In this paper, the output is designed by VHDL and is verification using C language. VHDL simulation used Model-sim SE 5.7f and synthesis is used Synplify Pro 7.2Ver. Target library is used XC4010E, XC4020EX, XC4052XL and P&R tool used XACT M1.4.
KeywordsField Programmable Gate Array Digital Audio Short Block Synthesis Filter Modify Discrete Cosine Transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pan, D.: A Tutorial on MPEG Audio compression. Motorola Inc.Google Scholar
- 2.Pohlman, K.C.: Principle of Digital Audio, 3rd edn., pp. 354–415. McGraw-Hill, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Princen, J., Johnson, A., Bradely, A.: Subband/Transform Coding using Filter bank designs based on Time Domain Aliasing Cancellation. In: Proc. of the ICASSP 1987, pp. 2161–2164 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.The Sorer, Brandenburg, K.: The use of multirate filter banks for coding of highquality digital audio. In: 6th European Signal Processing Conference, Amsterdam, vol. 1, pp. 211–214 (June 1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Painter, T., Spanias, A.: A Review of Algorithm for Perceptual Coding of Digital Audio Signals. Department of Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Research Center Arizona State UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 7.Poularikas, A.D.: The Transforms and Applications Hand Book. CRC and IEEE Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG, International Standard IS 13818-3. Information Technology Generic Coding of Moving Pictures and Associated Audio, Part 3: Audio (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Madisetti, V.K.: VLSI digital signal processors an Introduction to Rapid Prototyping and Design Synthesis. IEEE Press, Los AlamitosGoogle Scholar