A Markov Random Field Based Hybrid Algorithm with Simulated Annealing and Genetic Algorithm for Image Segmentation
In this paper, a simulated algorithm-genetic (SA-GA) hybrid algorithm based on a Markov Random Field (MRF) model (MRF-SA-GA) is introduced for image de-noising and segmentation. In this algorithm, a population of potential solutions is maintained at every generation, and for each solution a fitness value is calculated with a fitness function, which is constructed based on the MRF potential function according to Metropolis algorithm and Bayesian rule. Two experiments are selected to verify the performance of the hybrid algorithm, and the preliminary results show that MRF-SA-GA outperforms SA and GA alone.
KeywordsImage Segmentation Markov Random Field Crossover Rate Roulette Wheel Selection Markov Random
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Tan, Y.P., Yap, K.H., Wang, L.P. (eds.): Intelligent Multimedia Processing with Soft Computing. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Salima, O., Mohamed, B.: MRF-based Images Segmentation Using Ant Colony System. Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis 2(2), 12–24 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Jinhao, X., Yujin, Z., Xinggang, L.: Dynamic Image Segmentation Using 2-D Genetic Algorithms. Acta Automatica Sinica 26(5), 685–689 (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Yanqiu, F., Wufan, C.: A New Algorithm for Image Segmentation Based on Gibbs Random Field and Fuzzy C-Means clustering. Acta Electronica Sinica 32(4), 645–647 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Lahlou, A., Wojciech, P.: Hierarchical Markov Fields and Fuzzy Image Segmentation. In: Second IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Processing Systems (ICIPC 1998), Gold Coast, Australia, August,4-7 (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhaobao, Z.: Markov Random Field Method for Image Analysis. Wuhan Measurement Technology University Press (2000)Google Scholar