Empirical Study of Financial Affairs Early Warning Model on Companies Based on Artificial Neural Network
This paper attempts to develop an intelligent financial distress forecasting pattern using Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) by taking advantage of the ANNs for recognizing complex patterns in data and universal functional approximation capability. Using STzhujiang and Non-STshenzhenye stocks as the study samples, the objective is to make ANN model as financial affairs early warning research tool through building an intelligent and individual financial distress forecasting patterns. The model built for individual industries would be even more predictive than general models built with multi-industry samples. Results show that ANNs are valuable tools for modeling and forecasting ST and Non-ST companies whether they are being in financial distress. The simulation result shown that ANNs models can be applied in financial affairs early warning system. The companies can build their own financial distress forecasting patterns based on their own running surroundings using proposed ANNs models.
KeywordsHide Node Financial Distress Financial Ratio ANNs Model Bankruptcy Prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Altman, E.L.: Accounting Implications of Failure Prediction Models. Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, 4–19 (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Jones, F.L.: Current Techniques in Bankruptcy Prediction. Journal of Accounting Literature 6, 131–164 (1987)Google Scholar
- 16.CSMAR database: The Corporation Financial Statement Database of China. Shenzhen GuoTaiAn Information & Technology Corporation, Xiang Gang University Financial Institute (2004) Google Scholar
- 17.ShangHai Stock Exchange Financial Statement Database (2004) Google Scholar
- 18.ShenZhen stock exchange financial statement database (2004)Google Scholar