On Directed Edge Recombination Crossover for ATSP
This paper presented the Directed Edge recombination crossover (DERX), which was applied to the asymmetric TSP (ATSP). Unlike the ERX proposed before, the DERX divided the edge table into two parts: the right and the left adjacent edge table, which recorded the right and the left edges respectively. The operator extends the offspring tour at both ends. The right and left adjacent edges can only link to the right and the left end of the offspring respectively. Experiments show it is much better than the conventional ERX and some other crossovers, especially for the large scale ATSP.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Travel Salesman Problem Travel Salesman Problem Crossover Operator Hamiltonian Cycle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Seppala, Alan, D.: Genetic algorithms for the traveling salesman problem using edge assembly crossovers. Master degree dissertation, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2003) Google Scholar
- 4.Katayama, K., Hirabayashi, H., Narihisa, H.: Performance analysis of a new genetic crossover for the traveling salesman problem. IEICE tins. Fundamentals E81-A, 738–750 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Whitley, D., Starkweather, T., Shaner, D.: Traveling Salesman and Sequence Scheduling: Quality Solutions Using Genetic Edge Recombination. In: Handbook of Genetic Algorithms, Van Nostrand (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Nguyen, H.D., Yoshihara, I., Yasunaga, M.: Modified edge recombination operators of genetic algorithms for the traveling salesman problem Industrial Electronics Society. In: IECON 2000. 26th Annual Conference of the IEEE, October 22-28, vol. 4, pp. 2815–2820 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Nagata, Y.: Criteria for designing crossovers for TSP Evolutionary Computation. In: Congress on CEC 2004, June 19-23, vol. 2, pp. 1465–1472 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, J., Chung, H.S.H., Hu, B.J.: Adaptive probabilities of crossover and mutation in genetic algorithms based on clustering technique Evolutionary Computation. In: Congress on CEC 2004, June 19-23, vol. 2, pp. 2280–2287 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Gerhard Reinelt’s homepage, http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/groups/comopt/software/TSPLIB95/