Model-Driven Development with SDL – Process, Tools, and Experiences
Model-Driven Development is a challenge and a promising methodology for creating next-generation software systems. In this paper, we present SDL-MDD, a model-driven development process that is based on the ITU-T design language SDL. We present a semantically integrated tool suite, especially supporting model-driven code generation and model-driven simulation. Both production and simulation code are entirely generated from SDL models and automatically instrumented to interface with different operating systems and communication technologies. The use of SDL-MDD and of the tool suite is illustrated by an extensive case study from the ubiquitous computing domain.
KeywordsTool Suite Message Sequence Chart Model Drive Architecture Device Class Extensive Case Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.International Telecommunications Union. Specification and Description Language (SDL). ITU-T Recommendation Z.100 (August 2002) Google Scholar
- 3.Miller, J., Mukerji, J. (eds.): MDA Guide Version 1.0.1. OMG (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.International Telecommunications Union. Message sequence chart (MSC). ITU-T Recommendation Z.120 (April 1996)Google Scholar
- 6.The Network Simulator ns-2. Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- 7.Fliege, I., Geraldy, A.: NXP/MPR - An Optimized Ad-Hoc Flooding Algorithm. Technical Report 343/05, Computer Science Department, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany (2005) Google Scholar
- 8.Hogrefe, D., Werner, C.: UML Profile for Communicating Systems, Technical Report No. IFI–TB–2006–03, Institute for Informatics, University of Göttingen, Germany (March 2006), ISSN 1611–1044 Google Scholar
- 9.Mellor, S.J., Balcer, M.J.: Executable UML: A Foundation for Model Driven Architecture. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Object Management Group. Unified Modeling Language 2.0 Infrastucture. Final Adopted Specification (2004), http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ptc/2003-09-15
- 11.Telelogic AB: TAU SDT, http://www.telelogic.com/products/tau/index.cfm
- 12.PragmaDev: RTDS V3.1, http://www.pragmadev.com/