Distributed Fault Management in WBEM-Based Inter-AS TE for QoS Guaranteed DiffServ-over–MPLS
Distributed fault management and event notification are essential in Inter-AS Traffic Engineering (TE). In this paper we design and implement distributed fault management for WBEM based inter-AS TE. We designed DMTF Managed Object Format (MOF) based Managed Object (MO) for fault management. Using the Event Model in standard Common Information Model (CIM) in DMTF WBEM we implemented fault indication and SNMP trap handling mechanisms in indication and SNMP providers accordingly on OpenPegasus . We extended existing providers with new SNMP provider which is not supported by OpenPegasus WBEM, and SNMP manager functionalities. The detailed design and implementation of SNMP, indication, instance and other C++ based providers on OpenPegasus WBEM for inter-AS TE are explained.
KeywordsBackup Path Traffic Engineer Fault Management Label Switch Path Share Risk Link Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Open Pegasus, http://www.openpegasus.org/
- 2.Osborne Simha, Traffic Engineering with MPLS, Cisco System (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) Initiative, http://www.dmtf.org/standards/wbem
- 4.Mauro, D., Schmidt, K.: Essential SNMP. O’Reily (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Shanmugham, S., Abdurakhmanov, A., Kim, Y.-T.: WBEM-based Inter-AS Traffic Engineering for QoS-guaranteed DiffServ Provisioning. In: Proceeding of IEEE BcN 2006 (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Net-SNMP, http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/
- 7.Jang, J.-J., Kim, Y.-T.: Fault Management for GMPLS-based Optical Internet. In: Proceedings of Conference on APNOMS 2002, JeJu islands, Korea (September 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Awduch, et al.: RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels, IETF Google Scholar
- 9.Kim, Y.: MPLS OAM Functions and their Applications to Perform Monitoring, Fault Detection and Localization. In: Proceeding of ACIS SERA 2003 (Internation Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Application), SanFrancisco (May 2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Lim, S.-J.: Design and Implementation of Differentiated Backup Path Options for Fault Management in MPLS Networks, Master thesis, Yeungnam Univ. (December 2003)Google Scholar