Configuration Management Policy in QoS-Constrained Grid Networks
In Grid service, resource management is important to support capability for good quality and efficiency for the computing and storage service. In order to provide this resource management which has low complexity, high performance and high throughput with guaranteeing QoS, the well defined network resource management architecture and scheme have to be considered. Thus, we propose the integrated grid resource management architecture based on QoS-constraint policy and we derive cost-sensitivity policy enforcement procedure which can be applied to this architecture in Grid network. Finally, the results show that the proposed scheme outperforms the conventional scheme in the network performance such as a blocking rate of resource request messages and the operation cost.
KeywordsOptical Network Service Level Agreement Alternate Path Grid Service Grid Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., Kesselman, C. (eds.): The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Foster, I., Kesselman, C.: The Anatomy of the Grid:Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations. Intl. J. Supercomputer Applications (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Czajkowski, K., et al.: Grid Information Services for Distributed Resource Sharing (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, B.S., et al.: Policy Quorum based Resource Management Architecture in Grids. In: IJCSNS 2005, vol. 5(8) (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Song, H.W., Lee, S.I., Youn, C.H.: Configuration Management Policy based on DEB Cost Model in OBS Networks. In: ICAS-ICNS 2005 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Youn, C.H., Song, H.W., Keum, J.E., Zhang, L., Lee, B.H., Shim, E.B.: A Shared Buffer Constrained Topology Reconfiguration Scheme in Wavelength Routed Networks. In: INFORMATION 2004 (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Banerjee, D., Mukherjee, B.: Wavelength routed Optical Networks: Linear Formulation, Resource Budget Tradeoffs and a Reconfiguration Study. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (October 2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Hasan, M.Z., et al.: Network Service Interfaces to Grid, draft-ggf-masum-grid-network-0, GGF Draft (May 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Hoang, D.B., et al.: Grid Network Services, draft-ggf-ghph-netwerv-2, GGF Draft (May 2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Simeonidou, D., Nejabati, R., et al.: Optical Network Infrastructure for Grid, draft-ggf-ghpn-opticalnets-1, GGF Draft (March 2004) Google Scholar
- 11.Hayashi, M., Miyamoto, T., Otani, T., Tanaka, H., Takefusa, A., et al.: Managing and controlling GMPLS network resources for Grid applications. In: OFC 2006 (2006)Google Scholar