End-to-End QoS Guaranteed Service in WLAN and 3GPP Interworking Network
In this paper, we model the end-to-end QoS provisioning mechanisms in the WLAN and 3GPP interworking network. For the end-to-end QoS guaranteed service, we model the control plane and user plane considering the WLAN and 3GPP interworking network. And we propose the QoS parameter/class mapping and DPS packet scheduler. By the simulation results, DPS can provide the low end-to-end delay of voice traffic, even though a traffic load increases by 96%. Especially, the end-to-end delay of voice is much smaller when the QoS parameter/class mapping and DPS are applied to the interworking network.
KeywordsWireless Local Area Network Universal Mobile Telecommunication System User Plane Voice User Voice Packet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.QoS and policy aspects of 3GPP - WLAN interworking (Release 7), 3GPP TR 23.836 v0.4.0 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Skyrianoglou, D., Passas, N.: A framework for unified IP QoS support over UMTS and WLANs. In: Proc. European Wireless 2004, Barcelona, Spain (February 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.3GPP system architecture evolution: report on technical options and conclusions, 3GPP TR 23.882 v.0.1.1 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.3GPP system to WLAN interworking; system description, 3GPP TS 23.234 v6.4.0 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.QoS concept and architecture (release 4), 3GPP TS 23.107 v4.4.0 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Amendment: MAC QoS enhancements, IEEE P802.11e/D13.0 (January 2005)Google Scholar