An Admission Control and TXOP Duration of VBR Traffics in IEEE 802.11e HCCA with Guaranteed Delay and Loss
We propose a new method to determine the optimal TXOP duration (TD) of scheduling algorithm for VBR traffics that guarantees delay and loss probability in IEEE 802.11e HCCA. In this algorithm, the TXOP Duration for each Traffic Stream (TS) is determined by the number (N) of packets to be transmitted during a TXOP duration, which is found by analyzing M/D N /1/N×l queueing system where the delay bound of the TS is l times the Service Interval having D length. Numerical results show that the number of admitted TSs with guaranteed loss probability by new method is greater than the number of admitted TSs by other known schemes.
KeywordsMedium Access Control Admission Control Loss Probability Reference Design Packet Loss Probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEEE, International Standard for Information technology-Telecommunications and information exchange between systems-Local and metropolitan area networks-Specific requirements-Part 11: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications, IEEE-802.11-1999 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.IEEE, IEEE Standard for Information technology-Telecommunications and information exchange between systems-Local and metropolitan area networks-Specific requirements-Part 11: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications: Amendment 7: Medium Access Control(MAC) Quality of Service(QoS) Enhancements, IEEE P802.11e/D11.0 (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Ansel, P., Ni, Q., Turletti, T.: FHCF: A Fair Scheduling Scheme for 802.11e WLAN, INRIA Research Report No. 4883 (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Fan, W.F., Gao, D.Y., Tsang, D.H.K., Bensaou, B.: Admission Control for Variable Bit Rate traffic in IEEE 802.11e WLANs. In: The Joint Conference of 10th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications and 5th International Symposium on Multi-Dimensional Mobile Communications (August 2004) (to appear)Google Scholar
- 5.Kozamemik, F.: Media Streaming over the Internet-an overview of delivery technologies, EBU Technical Review (October 2002)Google Scholar