A Conceptual Framework for Automated Negotiation Systems
In the last years, much work have been done in the development of techniques for automated negotiation, and, particularly, in the automated negotiation of SLAs. However, there is no work that describes how to develop advanced software systems that are able to negotiate automatically in an open environment such as the Internet. In this work, we develop a conceptual framework for automated negotiations of SLAs that serves as a starting point by identifying the elements that must be supported in those software systems. In addition, based on that conceptual framework, we report on a set of properties for automated negotiation systems that may be used to compare different proposals.
KeywordsConceptual Framework Negotiation Process World Model Argumentation Framework Negotiation Protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sierra, C., Faratin, P., Jennings, N.R.: A Service-Oriented Negotiation Model Between Autonomous Agents. In: Proc. of the 8th European Workshop On Modelling Auton. Agents in a Multi-Agent World, pp. 17–35. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- Andrieux, A., Czajkowski, K., Dan, A., Keahey, K., Ludwig, H., Pruyne, J., Rofrano, J., Tuecke, S., Xu, M.: WS-Agreement Specification (2004)Google Scholar
- Li, C., Giampapa, J., Sycara, K.: Bilateral negotiation decisions with uncertain dynamic outside options. In: Proceedings of First IEEE International Workshop on Electronic Contracting, 2004, pp. 54–61 (2004)Google Scholar
- Ramchurn, S.D., Jennings, N.R., Sierra, C.: Persuasive Negotiation For Autonomous Agents: A Rhetorical Approach. In: Proc. IJCAI Workshop On Computational Models of Natural Argument, pp. 9–17 (2003)Google Scholar
- Karp, A.H., Wu, R., Chen, K.Y., Zhang, A.: A Game Tree Strategy For Automated Negotiation. In: ACM Conference On Electronic Commerce, pp. 228–229 (2004)Google Scholar
- Ludwig, H., Gimpel, H., Dan, A., Kearney, R.: Template-Based Automated Service Provisioning - Supporting the Agreement-Driven Service Life-Cycle. In: ICSOC, pp. 283–295 (2005)Google Scholar