A Multi Agent Based Simulator for Brazilian Wholesale Electricity Energy Market
During the last two decades power systems industry has undergone many changes world-wide, seeking to create competitive wholesale electricity markets. In these markets, power suppliers and consumers are free to negotiate the terms of their contracts, e.g., energy prices, power quantities and contract durations in several auctions structures. Multi-agent systems are a widely used computer paradigm in the simulation of these new power market business models. A usual approach is to develop a specific application within a standard agent management framework, such as JADE. Several approaches are commonly used for market simulations: those that evaluate the behavior of supplier and demand agents under several auction models, and others that focus on each market’s particular operations and problems, i.e., they simulate realtime market operating conditions. This work presents a multi-agent-based simulator for Brazilian electrical power market, incorporating operational and commercial models.
KeywordsMultiagent System Spot Price Multi Agent Independent System Operator Bilateral Contract
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, H., Yuan, B., Dai, H., Lin, J., Ni, Y.X., Wu, F.F.: Framework Design of a Generalpurpose Power Market Simulator Based on Multi-agent Technology. IEEE Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting 3, 1478–1482 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Ferreira, W.D., Vinhal, C.D.N.: A fipa multi-agent framework for hydrothermal electricity generation market analysis. In: 5th IEEE Induscon Congress, Salvador, Brazil (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Carvalho, F.C., Vinhal, C.D.N., Lima, W.S., Ferreira, W.D.: Reinforcement learning multi-agent model for wholesale electricity market analysis. In: 9th SEPOPE – Proceedings of Symposium of Specialists in Electric Operational and Expansion Planning, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.JADE. Java Agent DEvelopment Framework, Available: http://www.sharon.cselt.it/jade Accessed: (set/2003)
- 6.Weiss, G.: Multiagent Systems. MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.FIPA: Pattern communication specification. Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agent (2000), Available in: http://www.fipa.org/specs/aclspecs.tar.gz Accessed: (nov/2002)
- 9.Soares, S., Carneiro, A.A.F.M.: Reservoir Operation Rules for Hydroelectric Power System Optimization. In: Proceedings of the 1993 Athens Power Tech - IEEE/NTVA, pp. 965–969 (1993)Google Scholar