Solving Algorithmic Problems on Orders and Lattices by Relation Algebra and RelView
Relation algebra is well suited for dealing with many problems on ordered sets. Introducing lattices via order relations, this suggests to apply it and tools for its mechanization for lattice-theoretical problems, too. We combine relation algebra and the specific purpose Computer Algebra system RelView to solve some algorithmic problems.
KeywordsComplete Lattice Binary Decision Diagram Black Vertex Algorithmic Problem Boolean Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Berghammer, R.: Computation of cut completions and concept lattices using relational algebra and RELVIEW. J. Relat. Meth. in Comput. Sci. 1, 50–72 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Birkhoff, G.: Lattice theory, 3rd edn., vol. XXV. American Math. Society Coll. Publ., American Math. Society (1967)Google Scholar
- 9.Freese, R., Jezek, J., Nation, J.B.: Free lattices. Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, vol. 42. American Math. Society (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Leoniuk, B.: ROBDD-based implementation of relational algebra with applications (in German). Ph.D. thesis, Univ. Kiel (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Milanese, U.: On the implementation of a ROBDD-based tool for the manipulation and visualization of relations (in German). Ph.D. thesis, Univ. Kiel (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Skornjakow, L.A.: Elements of lattice theory (in German). Akademie-Verlag (1973)Google Scholar