A General Weighted Fuzzy Clustering Algorithm
In the field of cluster analysis, most of existing algorithms assume that each feature of the samples plays a uniform contribution for cluster analysis and they are mainly developed for the uniform distribution of sample with numerical or categorical data, which cannot effectively process the non-uniformly distribution with mixed data sets in data mining. For this purpose, we propose a new general Weighted Fuzzy Clustering Algorithm to deal with the mixed data including different sample distributions and different features, in which the idea of the probability density of samples is used to assign the weights to each sample and the ReliefF algorithms is applied to give the weights to each feature. By weighting the samples and their features, the fuzzy c-means, fuzzy c-modes, fuzzy c-prototype and sample-weighted algorithms can be unified into a general framework. The experimental results with various test data sets illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed clustering algorithm.
KeywordsMixed Data Fuzzy Cluster Algorithm Cluster Prototype Weighted Cluster Algorithm ReliefF Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Qing, H.: Advance of the theory and application of fuzzy clustering analysis. Fuzzy System and Fuzzy Mathematics 12(2), 89–94 (1998) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Gao, X.: Optimization and Applications Research on Fuzzy Clustering Algorithms, Doc-toral Thesis, Xidian University, Xi’an 710071, China (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, Z.: A fast clustering algorithm to cluster very large categorical data sets in data Mining. In: Proceedings of the SIGMOD Workshop on Research Issues on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Dept. of Computer Science, The University of British Columbia, Canada, pp. 1–8Google Scholar
- 5.Kononenko, I.: Estimating attributes: Analysis and extensions of Relief. In: Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 171–182. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, J., Gao, X., Jiao, L.: A new feature weighted fuzzy clustering algorithm, RSFDGr 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Everitt, B.: Cluster Analysis. Heinemann Educational Books, New York, pp. 45–60 (1974)Google Scholar
- 8.Bezdek, J.C.: Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Object Function Algorithms, Plenum, New York (1981)Google Scholar
- 9.Duda, R.O., Hart, P.E.: Pattern classification and scene analysis, New York (1973)Google Scholar