The Papoulis-Gerchberg Algorithm with Unknown Signal Bandwidth
The Papoulis-Gerchberg algorithm has been extensively used to solve the missing data problem in band-limited signals. The interpolation of low-pass signals with this algorithm can be done if the signal bandwidth is known. In practice, the signal bandwidth is unknown and has to be estimated by the user, preventing an automatic application of the Papoulis-Gerchberg algorithm. In this paper, we propose a method to automatically find this parameter, avoiding the need of the user intervention during the reconstruction process. Experimental results are presented to illustrate the performance of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsDiscrete Fourier Transform Original Signal Lena Image Signal Bandwidth Estimate Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Papoulis, A.: A new method in image restoration. In: JSTAC, Paper VI-3 (1973)Google Scholar
- 3.Gerchberg, R.W.: Super-resolution through error energy reduction. Optica Acta 21-9, 709–720 (1974)Google Scholar
- 4.Wingham, D.J.: The reconstruction of a band-limited function and its Fourier transform from a finite number of samples at arbitrary locations by singular value decomposition. IEEE Transactions on Circuit Theory 40, 559–570 (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Benedetto, J., Chui, C.K. (eds.): Irregular sampling and frames. In: Wavelets: A Tutorial in Theory and Applications, pp. 445–507. Academic Press, London (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Ferreira, P.J., Marvasti, F.A. (eds.): Iterative and Noninterative Recovery of Missing Samples for 1-D Band-Limited Signals. In: Sampling Theory and Practice, pp. 235–282. Plenum Publishing Corporation (2001)Google Scholar