A Novel Stochastic Attributed Relational Graph Matching Based on Relation Vector Space Analysis
In this paper, we propose a novel stochastic attributed relational graph (SARG) matching algorithm in order to cope with possible distortions due to noise and occlusion. The support flow and the correspondence measure between nodes are defined and estimated by analyzing the distribution of the attribute vectors in the relation vector space. And then the candidate subgraphs are extracted and ordered according to the correspondence measure. Missing nodes for each candidates are identified by the iterative voting scheme through an error analysis, and then the final subgraph matching is carried out effectively by excluding them. Experimental results on the synthetic ARGs demonstrate that the proposed SARG matching algorithm is quite robust and efficient even in the noisy environment. Comparative evaluation results also show that it gives superior performance compared to other conventional graph matching approaches.
KeywordsMatch Algorithm Attribute Vector Graph Match Graph Isomorphism Subgraph Isomorphism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wong, A.K.C., You, M.: Entropy and distance of random graphs with application to structural pattern recognition. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 7(5) (September 1985)Google Scholar
- 11.Herault, L., Horaud, R., Veillon, F., Niez, J.J.: Symbolic image matching by simulated annealing. In: Proc. British Machine Vision Conference, Oxford, pp. 319–324 (1990)Google Scholar
- 12.Krcmar, M., Dhawan, A.: Application of genetic algorithms in graph matching. In: Proc. Int’l. Conf. Neural Networks, vol. 6, pp. 3872–3876 (1994)Google Scholar
- 13.van Wyk, B.J., van Wyk, M.A.: The spherical approximation graph matching algorithm. In: Proc. Int’l. Workshop on Multidiscilinary Design Optimization, pp. 280–288 (August 2000)Google Scholar
- 14.van Wyk, B.J., Clark, J.: An algorithm for approximate least-squares attributed graph matching. In: Problems in Applied Mathematics and Computational Intelligence, pp. 67–72 (2000)Google Scholar
- 17.Nevatia, R., Babu, K.R.: Line extraction and description. Computer Graphics and Image Processing 13(1), 250–269 (1980)Google Scholar
- 19.Kim, D.H., Yun, I.D., Lee, S.U.: A new attributed relational graph matching algorithm using the nested structure of earth mover’s distance. In: Proceedings of IEEE International conference on Pattern Recognition, Cambridge, UK, pp. 48–51 (August 2004)Google Scholar