Generalized Bounds on Partial Aperiodic Correlation of Complex Roots of Unity Sequences
Partial correlation properties of sets of sequences are important in CDMA system as well as in ranging, channel estimation and synchronization applications. In general, it is desirable to have sequence sets with small absolute values of partial correlations. In this paper, generalized lower bounds on partial aperiodic correlation of complex roots of unity sequence sets with respect to family size, sequence length, subsequence length, maximum partial aperiodic autocorrelation sidelobe, maximum partial aperiodic crosscorrelation value and the zero or low correlation zone are derived. It is shown that the previous aperiodic sequence bounds such as Sarwate bounds, Welch bounds, Levenshtein bounds, Tang-Fan bounds and Peng-Fan bounds can be considered as special cases of the new partial aperiodic bounds derived.
KeywordsPartial Correlation Channel Estimation Binary Sequence Complex Root CDMA System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Peng, D.Y., Fan, P.Z.: Generalized Sarwate bounds on the periodic correlation of complex roots of unity sequences. In: Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Comms. (PIMRC 2003), Beijing, China, pp. 449–452. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Peng, D., Fan, P., Suehiro, N.: Bounds on aperiodic autocorrelation and crosscorrelation of binary LCZ/ZCZ sequences. IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals, pp. 1–9 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Peng, D., Fan, P.: Bounds on aperiodic auto- and cross-correlation of binary sequences with low or zero correlation zone. IEEE 0-7803-7840-7/03, pp. 882–886 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Pursley, M.B.: On the mean-square partial correlation of periodic sequences. In: Proc. Conf. Information Science and Systems, Johns Hopkins Univ., Baltimore MD, pp. 377–379 (1979)Google Scholar
- 10.Pursley, M.B., Sarwate, D.V., Basar, T.U.: Partial correlation effects in direct-sequence spread-spectrum multiple-access communications systems. IEEE Trans. Commun. COM-32, 567–573 (1984)Google Scholar
- 11.Cartier, D.E.: Partial correlation properties of pseudonoise (PN) codes in noncoherent synchronization/detection schemes. IEEE Trans. On Commun., 898–903 (1976)Google Scholar
- 15.Fan, P., Hao, L.: Generalized orthogonal sequences and their applications in synchronous CDMA. IEICE Trans. Fundamental E83-A(11), 2054–2069 (2000)Google Scholar
- 16.Deng, X., Fan, P.: Spreading sequence sets with zero and low correlation zone for quasi-synchronous CDMA communication systems. IEEE 0-7803-6507-0/00, pp. 1698–1703 (2000)Google Scholar