On the Expected Value of the Joint 2-Adic Complexity of Periodic Binary Multisequences
Recently people show some interest in the word-based stream ciphers. The theory of such stream ciphers requires the study of the complexity of multisequences. The 2-adic complexity is the FCSR analog of the linear complexity, and it is very useful in the study of the security of stream ciphers. The improved version of 2-adic complexity—the symmetric 2-adic complexity was presented in 2004 which is a better measure for the cryptographic strength of binary sequences. In this paper, we derive the expected value of the joint 2-adic complexity of periodic binary multisequences. A nontrivial lower bound for the expected value of the joint symmetric 2-adic complexity of periodic binary multisequences is also given.
KeywordsBinary Sequence Linear Complexity Stream Cipher Periodic Sequence Linear Feedback Shift Register
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klapper, A., Goresky, M.: 2-adic shift registers. In: Anderson, R. (ed.) FSE 1993. LNCS, vol. 809, pp. 174–178. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Klapper, A., Goresky, M.: Large Periods Nearly de Bruijn FCSR Sequences. In: Guillou, L.C., Quisquater, J.-J. (eds.) EUROCRYPT 1995. LNCS, vol. 921, pp. 263–273. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Klapper, A., Goresky, M.: Cryptanalysis based on 2-adic rational approximation. In: Coppersmith, D. (ed.) CRYPTO 1995. LNCS, vol. 963, pp. 262–273. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Rueppel, R.A.: Analysis and Design of Stream Cipher. Springer, Berlin (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Meidl, W.: Extended Games-Chan algorithm for the 2-adic complexity of FCSR-sequences. Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 290, pp. 2045–2051 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Koblitz, N.: p-Adic Numbers, p-Adic Analysis, and Zeta Functions. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 58. Springer, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.Ireland, K., Rosen, M.: A Classical Introduction to Modern Number Theory in GTM, 2nd edn., vol. 84. Springer, New York (1990)Google Scholar