Analysis of Designing Interleaved ZCZ Sequence Families
Interleave structure is a well-known period extending method, by which we can extend the period of an original ZCZ sequence family to generate a long period ZCZ sequence family. In this paper, we first present two basic period extending methods: 1. when period extends, the sequence number keeps unchangeable, while the zero correlation zone length extends; 2. when period extends, the zero correlation zone length keeps unchangeable or slightly decreased, while the sequence number extends. Then we propose the concept of D-matrix, by which to determine the shift sequence in the interleaved structure and to calculate the zero correlation zone length of interleaved ZCZ sequence families. In Section 3 and Section 4, two generating algorithms of interleaved ZCZ sequence families and the corresponding optimal D-matrix are proposed.
KeywordsCode Division Multiple Access Spreading Sequence Sequence Family Code Division Multiple Access System Zero Correlation Zone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fan, P.Z., Damell, M.: Sequences Design for Communications Applications. Research Studies Press, London (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Deng, X.M., Fan, P.Z.: Spreading Sequence Sets with Zero Correlation Zone. IEE Electron. Lett. 36, 982–983 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Suehiro, N.: Approximately Synchronized CDMA System without Cochannel Using Pseudo-periodic Sequences. In: Proc. Int. Symp. Personal communication 1993, Nanjing, China, pp. 179–184 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Hayashi, T.: Binary sequences with orthogonal subsequences and zero correlation zone. IEICE Trans. Fundamentals E85 A, 1420–1425 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Hayashi, T.: A generalization of binary zero correlation zone sequence sets constructed from Hadamard matrices. IEICE Trans. Fundamentals E87-A, 286–291 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Matsufuji, S., Takatsukasa, K.: Ternary ZCZ sequence sets for efficient frequency usage. In: Proceedings of SCI 2000, pp. 119–123 (2000)Google Scholar