An Application Service Provider (ASP) Based Project Management System
The construction industry has continuously tries to improve the productivity of construction projects through Information Technologies (IT). It is not easy for the subcontractor to apply IT towards their projects due to the smaller scale of operations and the problem of the cost of equipment, programmer, and operator to introduce IT. To overcome the high investment risk we need a device. This paper presents IT outsourcing for subcontractors that effectively accommodates the demand of project information management. The purpose is the conceptual design of an Application Service Provider (ASP) based project management system. This paper offers the conceptual proposal for the mutual communication and information collection between the construction industry subjects through collaboration and the coordination.
KeywordsConstruction Industry Service Module Project Participant Document Management Application Service Provider
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barry, Marie, A.: Web Management and Integrative Procurement Communication. Project Management Journal, PMI (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Cherry Tree & Co., Application Service Providers (ASP) Sportlight Report (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Forbes, Donald, E.: Project Management Information Systems, Transportation Research Board (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Issa, Raja, R.A.: Web-Based Construction Document Processing VIA Malleable Frame. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 157–169 (July 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Karen, A., Brown: Developing Project Management Skills: A Service Learning Approach. Project Management Journal, PMI (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Liberatore, Matthew, J.: Project Management in Construction: Software Use and Research Directions. J. of Const. Engg. Mgmt. (March/April 2001)Google Scholar