Verbal Analysis of Risk Elements in Construction Contracts
The paper aims to analyse the construction contracts provided by FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers) and to determine their usefulness in respect of technical risk management. Contractors of international construction projects are often faced with complicated situations working with design documentation. One of the potential financial risk factor is associated with the frequent changes of documents and improper channels of communication between project partners. One of the major aspects is project financial and technical risk management. Project developers need various models of managing large and complex projects.
KeywordsIncentive Contract Price Contract Project Developer Risk Element Consult Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Code of practice for PM for construction and development, CIOB Longman, Ascot (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Conditions of Contract for Construction (FIDIC 1999), Cosmopoli, Warszawa (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Ashihmin, I.V., Furems, E.M.: System of support of a decision making UNICOMBOS for choice of the best object by many criteria. Artificial Intelligence (Искуственный интелект). In: Proceedings of the Ukrainian Academy of sciences, Kiev, vol. 2, pp. 243–247 (2004) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 4.Korhonen, P., Larichev, O., Moshkovich, H., Mechitov, A., Wallenius, J.: Choice behavior in a Computer-Aided Multiattribute Decision Task. J. Multicriteria Decision Analysis 2(2), 43–55 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Larichev, O.I.: Cognitive Validity in Design of Decision-Aiding Techniques. J. Multicriteria Decision Analysis 1(3), 59–62 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Ustinovichius, L.: Determination of Efficiency of Investments In Construction. International Journal of Strategic Property Management 8(1), 25–44 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Report of the international symposium in Varenna 1994: The prevention of defects in buildings – state of the art and future developments. CIB Information (5) (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Walker, P., Greenwood, D.: Construction Companion to Risk and Value Management. RIBA Enterprises, London (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Slowinski, R., Zopounidis, C.: Application of the rough set approach to evaluation of bankruptcy risk. International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting Finance and Management 4(1), 27–41 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Lunkevichius, S., Ustinovichius, L., Zavadskas, E.K.: Substantiation of financing approach for rural property. Statyba (Civil Engineering), Vilnius: Technika, 7(2), 148–157 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Zavadskas, E.K., Kaklauskas, A., Raslanas, S., Malienė, V.: The application of multi-criterion methods for valuation recreation property. Statyba (Civil Engineering) 7(4), 327–333 (2001)Google Scholar