A Collaborative Multimedia Editing System Based on Shallow Nature Language Parsing
As the collaborative editing system becomes prevalent, further requirement on content based collaboration is presented by editors. This paper focuses on how to implement content based collaboration. In order to combine the advantage of nature language processing technology in content parsing, we present the shallow nature language parsing technology in collaborative editing system. This technology is based on the segmentation and the text classification. This paper also discusses the reason why the shallow nature language parsing technology is useful in content based collaboration and its further use in collaborative editing system. In addition, it has already been used in our collaborative multimedia editing system which is designed for Chinese teaching material editor. From the result of experiment, it shows that the system really reduces the time in editing collaboration.
KeywordsComputer Support Cooperative Work Editing Action Editing System Chinese Word Segmentation Shallow Nature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Qin, X., Sun, C.: Recovery support for Internet-based real-time collaborative editing systems. In: Proceedings of the 2001 International Conference on Computer Networks and Mobile Computing, October 16-19, 2001, pp. 181–188 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Ignat, C.-L., Norrie, M.C.: Extending real-time collaborative editing systems with asynchronous communication. In: Shen, W.-m., Lin, Z., Barthès, J.-P.A., Li, T.-Q. (eds.) CSCWD 2004. LNCS, vol. 3168, pp. 528–533. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, D., Zhou, L., Muntz, R.R.: A new paradigm of user intention preservation in realtime collaborative editing systems. In: Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems. July 4-7, 2000, pp. 401–408 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Mao, Q., Wang, J., Zhan, Y.: The optimistic locking concurrency controlling algorithm based on relative position and its application in real-time collaborative editing system. In: Shen, W.-m., Lin, Z., Barthès, J.-P.A., Li, T.-Q. (eds.) CSCWD 2004. LNCS, vol. 3168, pp. 99–105. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Zhang, H., Liu, Q.: Model of Chinese Words Rough Segmentation Based on N-Shortest-Paths Method. Journal of Chinese Information Processing 16(5), 1–7 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Rabiner, L.R.: A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models and Selected Applications in Speech Recognition. Proceedings of the IEEE 77(2), pp. 257–285 (1989)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, H., Liu, Q., Zhang, H., Cheng, X.: Automatic Recognition of Chinese Unknown Words Based on Role Tagging. In: SigHan Workshop, 19th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Abney, S.: Partial Parsing via Finite-State Cascades. In: Proceedings of the ESSLLI 1996, Robust Parsing Workshop (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.Edwards, W.K.: Policies and Roles in Collaborative Applications. In: Proceedings of ACM CSCW 1996 (1996)Google Scholar
- 17.Li, D., Muntz, R.R.: COCA: Collaborative Objects Coordination Architecture. In: Proceedings of ACM CSCW 1998, Seattle (November 1998)Google Scholar