Robust Non-rigid Object Tracking Using Point Distribution Manifolds
We present an approach to non-rigid object tracking designed to handle textured objects in crowded scenes captured by non-static cameras. For this purpose, groups of low-level features are combined into a model describing both the shape and the appearance of the object. This results in remarkable robustness to severe partial occlusions, since overlapping objects are unlikely to be indistinguishable in appearance, configuration and velocity all at the same time. The model is learnt incrementally and adapts to varying illumination conditions and target shape and appearance, and is thus applicable to any kind of object. Results on real-world sequences demonstrate the performance of the proposed tracker. The algorithm is implemented with the aim of achieving near real-time performance.
KeywordsFeature Point Soccer Player Interest Point Object Tracking Video Surveillance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stauffer, C., Grimson, W.E.L.: Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking. In: Proceedings IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Arnaud, E., Mémin, E.: An efficient rao-blackwellized particle filter for object tracking (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Bevilacqua, A., Stefano, L.D., Vaccari, S.: Using local and global object’s information to track vehicles in urban scenes. In: IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS) (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Leordeanu, M., Collins, R.: Unsupervised learning of object features from video sequences. In: Proc. of CVPR (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Tang, F., Tao, H.: Object tracking with dynamic feature graph. In: Proc. of ICCV (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Mathes, T., Piater, J.: Robust non-rigid object tracking using point distribution models. In: Proc. of British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2005) (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Gouet, V., Boujemaa, N.: About optimal use of color points of interest for content-based image retrieval. Technical report, INRIA Rocquencourt (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Dufournaud, Y., Schmid, C., Horaud, R.: Matching images with different resolutions. In: Proc. of the Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 612–618 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Saul, L.K., Roweis, S.T.: An introduction to locally linear embedding (2001)Google Scholar