DTuplesHPC: Distributed Tuple Space for Desktop High Performance Computing
This paper introduces a Linda  like peer-to-peer tuple space middleware build on top of distributed hash table – DTuplesHPC. This tuple space middleware is capable of being a high performance computing platform. And the decoupled style of tuple space  model is used instead of the message-passing model that is widely used in MPI based high performance computing. With the help of tuple space model, the distributed computing can be liberated from architectural consideration. First, the DTuples platform allows the dynamic organization of the computing resources. That is to say, the job can be submitted at any time, but the computation resources may be ready later. The time and space are all decoupled in DTuplesHPC. Second, it brings the simple tuple space programming model to the large-scale high performance computing at desktop. In our design, the in(), rd(), out(), copy-collect() and eval() primitives are supported. In this paper, we present the key design concepts of the DTuples.
KeywordsHigh Performance Computing Active Object Distribute Hash Table Code Fragment Tuple Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Carriero, N., Gelernter, D.: Linda: some current work. In: Thirty-Fourth IEEE Computer Society International Conference: Intellectual Leverage, Digest of Papers, February 27– March 3, pp. 98–101 (1989)Google Scholar
- 3.Gelernter, D.: Domesticating Parallelism. IEEE Computer 19(8), 12–16 (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.Rhea, S., Godfrey, B., Karp, B., Kubiatowicz, J., Ratnasamy, S., Shenker, S., Stoica, I., Yu, H.: OpenDHT: A Public DHT Service and Its Uses. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2005 (August 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Jini network technology (2005), http://www.sun.com/software/jini/
- 6.Sun Microsystems. JavaSpaces Specification (March 2005), http://www.sun.com/software/jini/specs/
- 8.Jiang, Y., Xue, G., You, J.: DTuples: A Distributed Hash Table based Tuple Space Service for Distributed Coordination. In: Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing (to appear)Google Scholar
- 9.FreePastry (2006), http://freepastry.rice.edu/
- 11.http://jgrid.jini.org/ (2006)