A Comparison on Textured Motion Classification
Textured motion – generally known as dynamic or temporal texture – analysis, classification, synthesis, segmentation and recognition is popular research areas in several fields such as computer vision, robotics, animation, multimedia databases etc. In the literature, several algorithms are proposed to characterize these textured motions such as stochastic and deterministic algorithms. However, there is no study which compares the performances of these algorithms. In this paper, we carry out a complete comparison study. Also, improvements to deterministic methods are given.
KeywordsRecognition Rate Optical Flow Dynamic Texture Regular Texture Gray Level Difference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Doretto, G.: Dynamic Texture Modeling., M.S. Thesis, University of California (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Cock, K.D., Moor, B.D.: Subspace angles between linear stochastic models. In: Proceedings of 39th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 1561–1566 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Sookocheff, K.B.: Computing Texture Regularity. Image Processing and Computer Vision (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Fazekas, S., Chetverikov, D.: Normal Versus Complete Flow In Dynamic Texture Recognition: A Comparative Study. In: 4th International Workshop on Texture Analysis and Synthesis (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Otsuka, K., Horikoshi, T., Suzuki, S., Fujii, M.: Feature Extraction of Temporal Texture Based On Spatiotemporal Motion Trajectory. In: Int. Conf. on Pattern Recog. ICPR 1998, vol. 2, pp. 1047–1051 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.MIT Temporal Texture Database (last visited on November 2005), http://vismod.media.mit.edu/pub/szummer/temporal-texture/raw/
- 12.Brodatz Texture Database (last visited on November 2005), http://www.ux.his.no/~tranden/brodatz.html
- 15.Smith, J.R., Lin, C.-Y., Naphade, M.: Video Texture Indexing using Spatiotemporal Wavelets. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Processing, ICIP 2002, vol. 2, pp. 437–440 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.http://visual.ipan.sztaki.hu/regulweb/node5.html, (last visited on November 2005)