Reliable Orchestration of Resources Using WS-Agreement
Co-ordinated usage of resources in a Grid environment is a challenging task impeded by the nature of resource usage and provision: Resources reside in different geographic locations, are managed by different organisations, and the provision of reliable access to these resource usually has to be negotiated and agreed upon in advance. These prerequisites have to be taken into account providing solutions for the orchestration of Grid resources. In this document we describe the use of WS-Agreement for Service Level Agreements paving the way for using multiple distributed resources to satisfy a single service request. WS-Agreement is about to be released as a draft recommendation of the Global Grid Forum and has already been implemented in a number of projects, two of which we will presented in this paper.
KeywordsService Level Agreement Grid Resource Resource Provider Service Consumer Service Level Objective
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrieux, A., Czajkowski, K., Dan, A., Keahey, K., Ludwig, H., Nakata, T., Pruyne, J., Rofrano, J., Tuecke, S., Xu, M.: Web Services Agreement Specification (WS-Agreement), April 3, 2006 (September 2005), https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/graap-wg/document/WS-AgreementSpecificationDraft.doc/en/26
- 2.Anjomshoaa, A., Brisard, F., Drescher, M., Fellows, D., Ly, A., McGough, S., Pulsipher, D., Savva, A.: Job Submission Description Language (JSDL) Specification v1.0. Grid Forum Document GFD.56, Global Grid Forum (November 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.The Business Grid Project, March 30 (2006), http://www.ipa.go.jp/english/softdev/sixth.html
- 4.EGEE – Enabling Grids for E-sciencE, April 3 (2006), http://public.eu-egee.org/
- 5.GGF – The Global Grid Forum, April 3, (2006), http://www.ggf.org
- 6.Grid Resource Allocation Agreement Protocol Working Group, April 3 (2006), https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/graap-wg/
- 7.The IPsphere FORUM, April 3 (2006) http://www.ipsphereforum.org/home
- 8.Loughran, S., et al.: Configuration Description, Deployment, and Lifecycle Management (CDDLM) Deployment API. Grid Forum Document GFD 69, Global Grid Forum (March 2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Ludwig, H., Dan, A., Kearney, B.: Cremona: An Architecture and Library for Creation and Monitoring of WS-Agreements. In: Aiello, M., Aoyama, M., Curbera, F., Papazoglou, M. (eds.) Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2004), pp. 65–74. ACM Press, New York (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Streit, A., Wäldrich, O., Wieder, P., Ziegler, W.: On Scheduling in UNICORE – Extending the Web Services Agreement based Resource Management Framework. In: Proc. of Parallel Computing 2005 (ParCo 2005), Malaga, Spain, September 13–16 (to appear, 2005)Google Scholar
- 11.VIOLA – Vertically Integrated Optical Testbed for Large Application in DFN, March 29 (2006), http://www.viola-testbed.de/
- 13.OASIS Web Services Resource Framework (WSRF) TC, April 3 (2006), http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrf