Time Series Prediction Using Fuzzy Wavelet Neural Network Model
The fuzzy wavelet neural network (FWNN) for time series prediction is presented in this paper. Using wavelets the fuzzy rules are constructed. The gradient algorithm is applied for learning parameters of fuzzy system. The application of FWNN for modelling and prediction of complex time series and prediction of electricity consumption is considered. Results of simulation of FWNN based prediction system is compared with the simulation results of other methodologies used for prediction. Simulation results demonstrate that FWNN based system can effectively learn complex nonlinear processes and has better performance than other models.
KeywordsRoot Mean Square Error Membership Function Fuzzy Rule Hide Neuron Electricity Consumption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Maddala, G.S.: Introduction to econometrics. Prentece-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Crowder III, R.S.: Predicting the Mackey-Glass time series with cascade correlation learning. In: Touretzky, D., Hinton, G., Sejnowski, T. (eds.) Proceeding of the Connectionist Models Summer School, pp. 117–123. Carnegic Mellon University, Pittsburgh (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Cheng, Y., Chen, B., Shiau, F.: Adaptive Wavelet Network Control Design for Nonlinear Systems. Proc. Natl. Sci. Counc. ROC(A) 22(6), 783–799 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Chang, P.R., Fu, W., Yi, M.: Short term load forecasting using wavelet networks. Engineering Intel.Syst. for Electrical Engineering and Communications 6, 217–223 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Cao, L., Hong, Y., Fang, H., He, G.: Predicting Chaotic time-series with wavelet networks. Physica D, 225–238 (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Abdel-Aal, R.E., Al-Garni, A.Z., Al-Nassar, Y.N.: Modelling and forecasting monthly electricity consumption in eastern Saudi Arabia using abductive networks. Energy 22 (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.Rajan, M., Jain, V.K.: Modelling of electrical energy consumption in Delhi. Energy 24 (1999)Google Scholar
- 17.Thuillard, M.: Fuzzy logic in the wavelet framework. In: Proc. Toolmet 2000, Oulu (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.Abiyev, R.H.: Controller Based of Fuzzy Wavelet Neural Network for Control of Technological Processes. In: IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Measurement Systems and Applications, Giardini Naxos, Italy (2005)Google Scholar