A Group Based Reputation System for P2P Networks
In large scale P2P networks, it is less likely that repeat interactions will occur between same peers for the asymmetric interests between them. So it is difficult to establish the direct trust relationship between peers and the network is vulnerable to malicious peers. A group based reputation system GroupRep for P2P networks is proposed in this paper to solve this problem. In GroupRep, the trust relationship is classified into three tiers: the trust relationship between groups, between groups and peers, and between peers. A peer evaluates the credibility of a given peer by its local trust information or the reference from the group it belonging to. A filtering cluster algorithm is proposed to filter unfair ratings provided by malicious peers. As a result, good peers are distinguished from malicious ones. Choosing the download source based on the trust value of responders can make good peers happy with the high ratio of the success query and the high satisfaction level under malicious collusive attacks with front peers.
KeywordsTrust Relationship Reputation System Trust Information High Positive Rating Malicious Peer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Marti, S., Garcia-Molina, H.: Limited Reputation Sharing in P2P Systems. In: Proceedings of the 5th ACM conference on Electronic commerce, New York, USA (May 17-20, 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Cornelli, F., Damiani, E., di Vimercati, D.C., et al.: Choosing Reputable Servents in A P2P Network. In: Lassner, D. (ed.) Proc. of the 11th Int’l World Wide Web Conf., pp. 441–449. ACM Press, Hawaii (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Selcuk, A.A., Uzun, E., Pariente, M.R.: A Reputation-Based Trust Management System for P2P Networks. In: IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid, 2004, April 19-22, pp. 251–258 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Kamvar, S., Schlosser, M.: The EigenTrust Algorithm for Reputation Management in P2P Networks. In: WWW, Budapest, Hungary (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Yamamoto, A., Asahara, D., Itao, T., et al.: Distributed Pagerank: A Distributed Reputation Model for Open Peer-to-Peer Networks. In: Proceedings of the 2004 International Symposium on Applications and the Internet Workshops (SAINTW 2004) (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Mekouar, L., Iraqi, Y., Boutaba, R.: A Reputation Management and Selection Advisor Schemes for Peer-to-Peer Systems. In: 15th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations & Management, CA, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Y., Vassileva, J.: Trust and Reputation Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks. Third International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (P2P 2003), September 01-03. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, S., Sherwood, R., Bhattacharjee, B.: Cooperative Peer Groups in NICE. In: IEEE Infocom, San Francisco, USA (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Lai, K., Feldman, M., Stoica, I., et al.: Incentives for Cooperation in Peer-to-Peer Networks.In: Workshop on economics of p2p systems, Berkeley, CA, Berkeley (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Xiong, L., Liu, L.: PeerTrust: Supporting Reputaion-Based Trust for Peer-to-Peer Electronic Communities. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 16(7) (July 2004)Google Scholar