A Dynamic Trust Model Based on Feedback Control Mechanism for P2P Applications
Trust is critical in P2P online communities. The traditional trust and reputation mechanisms lack flexibility in modeling the diversity and dynamicity of trust in such environment. In this paper, we try to evaluate trust with the introduction of servomechanism and propose DWTrust: a trust model based on dynamic weights for P2P applications. DWTrust adopts a novel feedback control mechanism to realize the assessment of trust in which a set of subjective weights are set and adjusted in time to reflect the dynamicity of trust environment. Trust assessment is simplified by mapping the factors influencing trust to feedbacks on dynamic weights. A series of experiments are designed to demonstrate the effectiveness, benefit and adaptability of DWTrust.
KeywordsTrust Management Trust Assessment Direct Trust Dynamic Weight Reputation Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Beth, T., Borcherding, M., Klein, B.: Valuation of trust in open networks. In: Proceedings of the European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, pp. 3–18. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Teng, Y., Phoha, V., Choi, B.: Design of trust metrics based on dempstershafer theory, http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/461538.html
- 5.Xiong, L., Liu, L.: A reputation-based trust model for P2P ecommerce communities. In: IEEE Conference on E-Commerce (CEC 2003), Newport Beach, California, pp. 275–284 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Cornelli, F., Damiani, E., De Capitani di Vimercati, S., Paraboschi, S., Samarati, P.: Choosing reputable servents in a P2P network. In: WWW 2002, pp. 376-386 (2002) Google Scholar
- 8.Kamvar, S.D., Schlosser, M.T.: EigenRep: Reputation Management in P2P Networks. In: The Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference., Budapest, Hungary, vol. 5, pp. 123–134. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar