Networked Interactive Photo Annotation and Reminiscence Content Delivery
This paper proposes a distributed environment for dementia care that consists of interactive photo annotation and reminiscence content delivery over the Internet by using Semantic Web technologies. We first propose a Networked Interactive Photo Annotation service that supports Internet-based collaborative photo annotation among a remote video author and a dementia sufferer and his or her family. This system is built on top of an authoring tool we have developed to assist in reminiscence video production by making use of photo annotation. Combined with an IP video phone, the proposed system is intended to promote conversation between the video author and the dementia sufferer as well as to annotate the shared photo. Next, we present a Networked Interactive Reminiscence Content Delivery service that enables a remote dialog partner to initiate communication with the users via an IP video phone in order to deliver reminiscence contents to their display and to share these contents with them.
KeywordsDementia Care Authoring Tool Photo Annotation Video Author Remote Author
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yasuda, K., et al.: Reminiscence Video for Higher Brain Dysfunctions. In: Proceedings of General Conference of Japan Society for Higher Brain Dysfunctions (2004)(in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Kuwahara, N., Kuwabara, K., Tetsutani, N., Yasuda, K.: Reminiscence Video – Helping At-Home Caregivers of People with Dementia, Home-Oriented Informatics and Telematics. In: Proceedings of the IFIP WG 9.3 HOIT 2005 Conference, pp. 145–154 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Kuwahara, N., Kuwabara, K., Abe, S., Yasuda, K., Tetsutani, N.: Semantic Synchronization: Producing Effective Reminiscence Videos. In: 4th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2005)Demo Papers (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.http://www.fletsphone.com/index_f.html (in Japanese)
- 6.Kuwahara, N., Kuwabara, K., Abe, S., Tetsutani, N., Yasuda, K.: The Evaluation of Audio-Visual Effects added to a Reminiscence Video for dementia sufferers. In: Proceedings of SI 2005 (2005)(in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 7.Kuwahara, N., Kuwabara, K., Abe, S.: Networked Reminiscence Content Authoring and Delivery for Elderly People with Dementia. In: Proceedings of International Workshop on Cognitive Prostheses and Assisted Communication (2006)Google Scholar