A Semantic Reputation Mechanism in P2P Semantic Web
Regarding the uncensored nature of the Semantic Web, the question of how much credence to give each information source is a main problem. We cannot expect each user to know the trustworthiness of each source. We tackle this problem by employing a semantic reputation mechanism which enables P2P Semantic Web to utilize reputation mechanism based on semantic similarity among peers. Our experiments show that the system with this mechanism outperforms the system without it. We hope that this method will help move the Semantic Web closer to fulfilling its promise.
KeywordsSemantic Similarity Trust Management Content Provider Reputation System Reputation Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhuge, H., Sun, X., et al.: A Scalable P2P Platform for the Knowledge Grid. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 17(12), 1721–1736 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Arumugam, M., Sheth, A., Arpinar, I.B.: Towards Peer-to-Peer Semantic Web: A Distributed Environment for Sharing Semantic Knowledge on the Web. Technical report, Large Scale Distributed Information Systems Lab, University of Georgia (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Ernst, J.: Peer-to-Peer infrastructure supporting the semantic web. In: Int. Semantic Web Symposium, Stanford Univ. (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Gupta, M., Judge, P., Ammar, M.: A reputation system for peer-to-peer networks. In: Proceedings of the NOSSDAV 2003 Conference, Monterey, CA (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Kamvar, S.D., Schlosser, M.T., Garcia-Molina, H.: The EigenTrust algorithm for reputation management in P2P networks. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on World Wide Web, pp. 640–651. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, Y., Bandar, Z., McLean, D.: An Approach for measuring semantic similarity between words using semantic multiple information sources. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 15 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Ziegler, C.N., Lausen, G.: Analyzing Correlation between Trust and User Similarity in Online Communities. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Trust Management (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Heckerman, D.: A tutorial on learning with Bayesian networks. Technical Report, MSRTR- 95-06, Microsoft Research Advanced Technology Division, Microsoft Corporation (1995)Google Scholar