Behavioral Analysis Based on Relations in Weblogs
This paper analyze the influence of the relations among blogs on users’ browsing behavior assuming that users’ activities can be predict by the relations on the blog network. We define the measure for two-hop relations as a factor to influence activities, and check the correlation between them or with users’ behavior by using blog data including visiting behavior. Attempting to determine the relations on which users read the blogs with interest as a helpful information for page recommendation, we conduct the experiments with a machine learning. As a result, even though the performance is not very high, we get the effective factors for prediction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Golbeck, J., Hendler, J.: Accuracy of Metrics for Inferring Trust and Reputation in Semantic Web-based Social Networks. In: The 14th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Kumar, R., Novak, J., Raghavan, P., Tomkins, A.: On the Bursty Evolution of Blogspace. In: The 12th International World Wide Web Conference (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Glance, N., Hurst, M., Tomokiyo, T.: BlogPulse: Automated Trend Discovery for Weblogs. In: Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem, The 13th International World Wide Web Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Nanno, T., Suzuki, Y., Fujiki, T., Okumura, M.: Automatic Collection and Monitoring of Japanese Weblogs. In: The 13th International World Wide Web Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Adar, E., Adamic, L.A.: Tracking Information Epidemic in Blogspace. Web Intelligence (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Adar, E., Zhang, L., Adamic, L.A., Lukose, R.M.: Implicit Structure and the Dynamics of Blogspace. In: The 13th International World Wide Web Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Page, L., Brin, S., Motwani, R., Winograd, T.: The Pagerank Citation Ranking: Bringing Order to the Web. Technical report, Stanford University (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Fujimura, K., Inoue, T., Sugisaki, M.: The EigenRumor Algorithm for Ranking Blogs. In: The 14th International World Wide Web Conference (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Quinlan, J.R.: C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1993)Google Scholar