Finding Important Vocabulary Within Ontology
In current Semantic Web community, some researches have been done on ranking ontologies, while very little is paid to ranking vocabularies within ontology. However, finding important vocabularies within a given ontology will bring benefits to ontology indexing, ontology understanding and even ranking vocabularies from a global view. In this paper, Vocabulary Dependency Graph (VDG) is proposed to model the dependencies among vocabularies within an ontology, and Textual Score of Vocabulary (TSV) is established based on the idea of virtual documents. And then a Double Focused PageRank algorithm is applied on VDG and TSV to rank vocabulary within ontology. Primary experiments demonstrate that our approach turns out to be useful in finding important vocabularies within ontology.
KeywordsRanking Algorithm Linguistic Information Class Hierarchy Ranking Scheme Blank Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alani, H., Brewster, C.: Ontology ranking based on the analysis of concept structures. In: Proceedings of Third International Conference on Knowledge Capture (K-Cap), Banff, Alberta, Canada, pp. 51–58 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Ding, L., Pan, R., Finin, T.W., Joshi, A., Peng, Y., Kolari, P.: Finding and Ranking Knowledge on the Semantic Web. In: International Semantic Web Conference 2005, pp. 156–170 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Tu, K., Xiong, M., Zhang, L., Zhu, H., Zhang, J., Yu, Y.: Towards Imaging Large-Scale Ontologies for Quick Understanding and Analysis. In: International Semantic Web Conference 2005, pp. 702–715 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Qu, Y., Hu, W., Cheng, G.: Constructing Virtual Documents for Ontology Matching. In: Accepted by the Fifteenth International World–Wide Web Conference (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Patel-Schneider, P.F., Hayes, P., Horrocks, I. (eds.): OWL Web Ontology Language Semantics and Abstract Syntax, W3C Recommendation, February 10 (2004), Latest version is available at, http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/
- 7.Stuckenschmidt, H., Klein, M.: Structure-Based Partitioning of Large Class Hierarchies. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Semantic Web Conference, pp. 289–303 (2004)Google Scholar