Intelligent Wireless Home Network Based on Cooperative DS-UWB System
Recently, wireless personal area network (WPAN) that is the main part of ubiquitous network has been spotlighted. Even though the space-time code (STC) is a good answer for overcoming the intensive fading of indoor channel, it needs larger size and higher cost for additional antennas. The cooperative scheme is another good solution which gives transmit diversity only with the existing hardware. However, classical cooperative schemes cannot provide full rate. In this paper, a new cooperate diversity scheme for code division multiple access (CDMA) system that provides full rate is presented. Moreover, because cooperative system supplies bad performance when the channel condition between the source and relay is poor, a technique that intelligently selects mode according to it is adopted. We apply the proposed scheme to the direct sequence ultra wideband (DS-UWB) system and evaluate its performance.
KeywordsCode Division Multiple Access Spreading Code Cooperative Diversity Code Division Multiple Access System Wireless Personal Area Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Nicholas Laneman, J.: Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Nerwork: Algorithm and Architectures. Ph.D. thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE 802.15 WPAN High Rate Alternative PHY Task Group 3a (TG3a) [Online]Google Scholar
- 7.Jones, R.A., Smith, D.H., Perkins, S.: Assignment of Spreading Codes in DS-CDMA UWB Systems. Ultra Wideband Systems and Technologies. In: IEEE Conference, pp. 359–363 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.IEEE P802.15-00/110r13, IEEE 802.15.3 (TG3) criteria definitions (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Saleh, A., Valenzuela, R.: A Statistical Model for Indoor Multipath Propagation. IEEE JSAC SAC-5(2), 128–137 (1987)Google Scholar
- 11.Hashemi, H.: Impulse Response Modeling of Indoor Radio Propagation Channels. IEEE JSAC 11(7), 967–978 (1993)Google Scholar