RUIS: Development of Regional Ubiquitous Information System and Its Applications: Towards a Universal Ubiquitous Information Society
Wide deployment of ubiquitous information environment makes it possible to provide various information to many users. “Regional information” should be one of the most valuable information if “context-aware” provision to community residents is made. But “contexts” of community residents are private information and should be treated very carefully. In this paper, we propose a novel information system called RUIS -Regional Ubiquitous Information System. RUIS can obtain and store regional information from network, realize robust security mechanism of personal/private information protection, and provide information that matches to residents’ contexts. Using RUIS features we can realize“smart watch over” for children. We are working on the implementation of this application based on RUIS prototype.
KeywordsPersonal Information Private Information Regional Information Community Resident Information Protection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shiratori, N.: Post modern distributed system - flexible computing. IPSJ Magazine (in Japanese) 36, 811–814 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Fujita, S., Sugawara, K., Kinoshita, T., Shiratori, N.: An approach to developing human-agent symbiotic space. In: 2nd Joint Conference on Knowledge-Based Software, pp. 11–18 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Sugawara, K., Kinoshita, T., Shiratori, N.: Flexible network and human-agent symbiotic space. In IPSJ DPS Technical Report, 109–114 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Shiratori, N., Kinoshita, T., Sugawara, K.: Towards human-agent symbiotic space: Post-modern distributed system. IEICE Magazine (in Japanese) 80, 165–168 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Shiratori, N.: Symbiotic computing for ubiquitous information society. In: Keynote speech at 2005, NEC TECHNOLOGY FORUM, pp. 14–15 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Suganuma, T., Uchiya, T., Konno, S., Kitagata, G., Hara, H., Fujita, S., Kinoshita, T., Sugawara, K., Shiratori, N.: Bridging the e-gaps: Towards post-ubiquitous computing. In: 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, vol. 2, pp. 780–784 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Symbiotic Computing Project (2005), [Online] Available: http://symbiotic.agent-town.com/
- 8.Keeni, M.G., Koide, K., Nagami, K., Gundavelli, S.: Mobile ipv6 management information base, RFC4295 (2006), [Online]. Available: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4295.txt
- 9.Report on case studies about regional safety and secure information network (in Japanese) (2005), [Online] Available: http://www.lasdec.nippon-net.ne.jp/rdd/anshin/houkokukai/houkokukai_top.html