Scalable Resources Portfolio Selection with Fairness Based on Economical Methods
The fairness of scheduling resources are important to improve the whole performance. In this paper, we study the economy-based approach, i.e., portfolio selection, to realize the dynamic allocation of distributed and heterogeneous resources. The portfolio selection method emphasizes the mean-variance model, which can evaluate the final return and help the scheduler to adjust the allocation policy. We present the practical algorithms for network nodes and Bloom filter-based surveillance, which can support the efficient adjustment of a scheduler.
KeywordsHash Function Network Node Portfolio Optimization Portfolio Selection Request Message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Markowitz, H.: Portfolio Selection: Efficient Diversification of Investments. Yale University Press (June 1971)Google Scholar
- 5.Ida, M.: Mean-variance portfolio optimization model with uncertain coefficients. In: Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1223–1226 (December 2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Davis, M.H., Norman, A.R.: Portfolio Selection with Transaction Costs. Mathematics of Operations Research, 676–713 (November 1990)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar, A., Xu, J., Wang, J., Spatschek, O., Li, L.: Space-Code Bloom filter for efficient per-flow traffic measurement. In: Proceedings of the twenty-third Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM), vol. 3, pp. 1762–1773 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Saar, C., Yossi, M.: Spectral Bloom filters. In: Proceedings of the 2003 ACM SIGMOD international conference on Management of data, pp. 241–252 (2003)Google Scholar