An Analysis of Service Trading Architectures
Automating the creation and management of SLAs in electronic commerce scenarios brings many advantages, such as increasing the speed in the contracting process or allowing providers to deploy an automated provision of services based on those SLAs. We focus on the service trading process, which is the process of locating, selecting, negotiating, and creating SLAs. This process can be applied to a variety of scenarios and, hence, their requirements are also very different. Despite some service trading architectures have been proposed, currently there is no analysis about which one fits better in each scenario. In this paper, we define a set of properties for abstract service trading architectures based on an analysis of several practical scenarios. Then, we use it to analyse and compare the most relevant abstract architectures for service trading. In so doing, the main contribution of this article is a first approach to settle the basis for a qualitative selection of the best architecture for similar trading scenarios.
KeywordsDiscovery Service Service Trading Trading Process Open Grid Service Architecture Information Query
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Molina-Jiménez, C., Pruyne, J., van Moorsel, A.P.A.: The role of agreements in it management software. In: Architecting Dependable Systems III, pp. 36–58 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Ludwig, H.: A Conceptual Framework For Building E-Contracting Infraestructure. In: Corchuelo, R., Wrembel, R., Ruiz-Cortes, A. (eds.) Technologies Supporting Business Solutions, Nova Publishing (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Laures, G., Jank, K.: Adaptive Service Grid Reference Architecture (2005), http://www.asg-platform.org
- 5.Global Grid Forum, Open Grid Service Architecture (2005), http://www.ggf.org/documents/GFD.30.pdf
- 6.Lee, J., Goodwin, R.: Ontology Management for Large-Scale E-Commerce Applications. In: DEEC, pp. 7–15 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Andrieux, A., Czajkowski, K., Dan, A., Keahey, K., Ludwig, H., Nakata, T., Pruyne, J., Rofrano, J., Tuecke, S., Xu, M.: WS-Agreement Specification (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Ludwig, H., Dan, A., Kearney, R.: Cremona: An Architecture and Library For Creation and Monitoring of WS-Agreements. In: Proc. of the 2nd International Conference On Service Oriented Computing. ACM Press, New York (2004)Google Scholar