COBRA: Closed Sequential Pattern Mining Using Bi-phase Reduction Approach
In this work, we study the problem of closed sequential pattern mining. We propose a novel approach which extends a frequent sequence with closed itemsets instead of single items. The motivation is that closed sequential patterns are composed of only closed itemsets. Hence, unnecessary item extensions which generates non-closed sequential patterns can be avoided. Experimental evaluation shows that the proposed approach is two orders of magnitude faster than previous works with a modest memory cost.
KeywordsSequential Pattern Pattern Mining Frequent Itemsets Sequence Extension Sequential Pattern Mining
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Han, J., Pei, J., Mortazavi-Asl, B., Chen, Q., Dayal, U., Hsu, M.: Freespan: Frequent pattern-projected sequential pattern mining. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2000), pp. 355–359 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Han, J., Wang, J., Lu, Y., Tzvetkov, P.: Mining top-k frequent closed patterns without minimum support. In: Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2002) (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Pei, J., Dong, G., Zou, W., Han, J.: On computing condensed frequent pattern bases. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2002) (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Mining sequential patterns. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 1995), pp. 3–14 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, J., Han, J.: Bide: Efficient mining of frequent closed sequences. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2004), pp. 79–90 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Yan, X., Afshar, R., Han, J.: Clospan: Mining closed sequential patterns in large datasets. In: Proceedings of the Third SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM) (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Zaki, M.J., Hsiao, C.J.: Charm: An efficient algorithm for closed itemset mining. In: Proceedings of the 2nd SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM 2002) (2002)Google Scholar