Cognitive Approach to Visual Data Interpretation in Medical Information and Recognition Systems
This paper will demonstrates that Computational Intelligence methods based on picture grammar can be efficiently applied to the development of intelligent diagnosis support systems. The computational intelligence methods in the form o linguistic formalism can facilitate an in-depth semantic analysis of the medical patterns and visualizations. The main objective is to present the possibilities of medical structure meaning description and computer interpretation based on selected examples of hand and spinal cord images. Presented further procedures for semantic description and reasoning will be based on the model of cognitive analysis which can imitate the process of reasoning in human mind. The application of such methods allow to detect and classify the most important lesion in the analysed structures.
KeywordsCognitive Approach Graph Grammar Medical Structure Medical Information System Terminal Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Albus, J.S., Meystel, A.M.: Engineering of Mind - An Introduction to the Science of Intelligent Systems. Wiley, Chichester (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Bankman, I. (ed.): Handbook of Medical Imaging: Processing and Analysis. Academic Press, London (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Burgener, F.A., Kormano, M.: Bone and Joint Disorders. Thieme Stuttgart (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Duda, R.O., Hart, P.E., Stork, D.G.: Pattern classifications, 2nd edn. Willey, Chichester (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Khan, M.G.: Heart Disease Diagnosis and Therapy. Williams & Wilkins Baltimore (1996)Google Scholar