Supervised Feature Extraction Algorithm Based on Continuous Divergence Criterion
Feature extraction plays an important part in pattern recognition (PR), data mining, machine learning et al. In this paper, a novel supervised feature extraction algorithm based on continuous divergence criterion (CDC) is set up. Firstly, the concept of the CDC is given, and some properties of the CDC are studied, and proved that CDC here is a kind of distance measure, i.e. it satisfies three requests of distance axiomatization, which can be used to measure the difference degree of a two-class problem. Secondly, based on CDC, the basic principle of supervised feature extraction are studied, a new concept of accumulated information rate (AIR) is given, which can be used to measure the degree of feature compression for two-class, and a new supervised feature extraction algorithm is constructed. At last, the experimental results demonstrate that the algorithm here is valid and reliable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Theodoridis, S., Koutroumbas, K. (eds.): Pattern Recognition, 2nd edn. Academic Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Turk, M., Pentland, A.: Face recognition using Eigenfaces. In: Proceedings IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–591 (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, H.W. (ed.): Partial Least Squares Regression and Applications. National Defence Industry Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Ding, S.F., Jin, F.X., Shi, Z.Z.: Information Feature Compression Algorithm Based on Partial Least Squares. Journal of Computer-aided Design & Computer Graphics 17(2), 368–371 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Ding, S.F., Shi, Z.Z.: Symmetric Cross Entropy and Information Feature Compression Algorithm. Journal of Computational Information Systems 1(2), 247–252 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Chen, S.H., Lu, C.L.: An Entropic Approach to Dimensionality Reduction in the Representation Space on Discrete Processes. Journal of Nanjing Institute of Meteorology 24(1), 74–82 (2001)Google Scholar