Stereo-Matching Techniques Optimisation Using Evolutionary Algorithms
In this paper we present a novel approach to 3D stereo-matching which uses an evolutionary algorithm in order to optimise 3D reconstruction. Common techniques in the field of 3D models generation are employed together with a Genetic Algorithm (GA) which is able to improve the results of the matching process. A general overview of the most relevant approaches is given in order to contextualise our method and to analyse its strength-points and potentialities. Details of the implemented GA are discussed with a particular focus on the constraints used in order to obtain better results. Experimental results of the trials carried out are given in a final stage together with concluding remarks and some cues for further research.
KeywordsMatched Point Stereo Match Epipolar Line Genetic Algorithm Parameter Gaussian Window
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gong, M., Yang, Y.H.: Multi-resolution Stereo Matching Using Genetic Algorithm. In: IEEE Workshop on Stereo and Multi-Baseline Vision (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Michalewicz, Z., Janikow, C.Z.: GENOCOP: a Genetic Algorithm for Numerical Optimization Problems with Linear Constraints. Volume 39, Issue 12es Electronic Supplement to the December issue Article No. 175 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Luo, L.J., Clewer, D.R., Canagarajah, C.N., Bull, D.R.: Genetic Stereo Matching Using Complex Conjugate Wavelet PyramidsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Uchida, N., Shibahara, T., Aoki, T., Nakajima, H., Kobayashi, K.: 3D Face Recognition Using Passive Stereo Vision (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Klarquist, W.N., Bovik, A.C.: Fovea: A Foveated Vergent Active Stereo Vision System For Dynamic Three-Dimensional Scene Recovery, vol. T-RA(14), pp. 755–770 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Egnal, G., Wildes, R.P.: Detecting Binocular Half-Occlusions: Empirical Comparisons of Four ApproachesGoogle Scholar
- 9.Mordohai, P., Mediani, G.: Dense Multiple View Stereo with General Camera Placement using Tensor VotingGoogle Scholar