WPSS Communication System Based on CRBF Network Equalizers
In this paper, novel wavelet packet spread spectrum (WPSS) communication system based on the complex radial basis function (CRBF) network equalizers is studied for multipath fading channels. The complex radial basis function network equalizers technique is adopted to suppress Inter-Symbol Interference (ISI) caused by multipath fading channels and reduce the symbol error rate (SER). The system performance is investigated in multipath fading channels. The theoretical analysis and simulation results show that the proposed CRBF channel equalizer structure which uses least mean square (LMS) algorithm to obtain the optimized equalizer weights offers both fast convergence and low value of the mean square error; the proposed CRBF-WPSS system has a superior SER performance to that of the conventional CRBF-OFDM-SS (spreading spectrum) system, and the proposed CRBF-WPSS system outperforms the WPSS system base on zero-forcing equalizers for multipath fading channels.
KeywordsRadial Basis Function Little Mean Square Wavelet Packet Radial Basis Function Network Symbol Error Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sklar, B.: Digital Communications. In: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd edn. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Proakis, J.G.: Digital communications, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Muayyadi, A., Abu-Rgheff, M.A.: Wavelet-based Multicarrier CDMA System and its Corresponding Multi-user Detection. IEE Proc. Communications 150 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Yu, X., Zhang, X., Bi, G.: Performance of an MC-CDMA System Based On the Complex Wavelet Packet and Pre-Equalisation Technique. IEE Proc. Communications 151 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Johnson, C.R., Lee, H.J.: On fractionally-spaced equalizer design for microwave radio channels. In: Proc. Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems, and computers, Pacific Grove, CA, pp. 698–702 (1995)Google Scholar