Autocontrol of Performance Measurement for RhombShape Achromatic Phase Retarder
Achromatic retarder is an important optical device. Because of its important applied value, modern polarization technology and optical modulation demand high precision for the design and measurement of achromatic retarder. Based on the principle of polarizing modulation, this paper presented an autocontrol experiment system to measure the phase retardation for high precision achromatic retarder, whose shape is rhomb. The experimental results indicate that the principle of high precision achromatic retarder is correct and the measurement error is less than 1%, Since the autocontrol experiment system is convenient to operation, it can satisfy the demand of application.
KeywordsPhase Retardation Stepper Motor Transmission Orientation Wollaston Prism Phase Retarder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ding, H.B., Pang, W.N., Liu, Y.B., Shang, R.C.H.: Polarization direction Modulation for Spin-polarized electrons with liquid crystal variable retarder. Acta Physica Sinica 54, 4097–4100 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Jin, G.F., Li, J.Z.H.: Laser Metrology. Science Press, Beijing (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Nakadate, S.: High Precision retardation Measurement using Phase Detection of Young’s fringers. Appl. Opt. 29, 242–246 (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhao, P.T., Li, G.H., Wu, F.Q.: New Design of High Precision Achromatic Phase Retarder. Acta Optica Sinica 25, 980–983 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Hao, D.Z., Song, L.K., Wu, F.Q.: Intelligentized Measurement of Wave Plate Phase Re-tardation with Beam-splitting Differential Method. Journal Optoelectronics Laser 16, 601–604 (2005)Google Scholar