A Simulation-Based Process Evaluation Approach to Enterprise Business Process Intelligence
In order to discover and manage enterprise businesses effectively, enterprise decision makers need to understand enterprise business processes from various aspects using sophisticated process simulation and analysis tools. Based on ABM technology (Activity-Based Management), this paper presents intelligent business process analysis concepts and metric measurement models for six kinds of process flows within manufacturing enterprises: activity flow, product flow, resource flow, cost flow, cash flow, and profit flow. The proposed process flow analysis approach has been developed as a dynamic enterprise process analysis tool within a process simulation and optimization environment.
KeywordsCash Flow Business Process Activity Flow Product Flow Process Execution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.ESPRIT Consortium AMICE.: CIMOSA: Open System Architecture for CIM. Springer, Berlin (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Scheer, A.W.: ARIS-business Process Engineering. Springer, Berlin (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Lucia, A.D., Pompella, E., Stefanucci, S.: Assessing the Maintenance Processes of a Software Organization: an Empirical Analysis of a Large Industrial Project. The Journal of Systems and Software 65(2), 87–103 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Castellanos, M., Casati, F., Dayal, U.: A Comprehensive and Automated Approach to Intelligent Business Processes Execution Analysis. Distributed and Parallel Databases 16(4), 1–35 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Ostrenga, M.R., Ozan, T.R., Mcllhattan, R.D., Harwood, M.D.: The Ernst & Young Guide to Total Cost Management. John Wiley & Sons, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Tan, W.A., Li, S., Yang, F.: Zero-Time Enterprise Modeling with Component Assembly and Process Model Optimization Techniques. In: Proceedings of IEEE CIT 2005/SOAIC 2005, Shanghai, China, pp. 1135–1139 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Tan, W.A., Zhou, B.S., Zhang, L.: Research on the Flexible Simulation Technology for Enterprise Process Model. Journal of software 12(7), 1080–1087 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Unite States of America, Department of Defense.: Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (DMSO). High Level Architecture Overview (June 1998), http://www.dmso.mil