A Biometric Encryption Approach Incorporating Fingerprint Indexing in Key Generation
This paper presents a new biometric encryption protocol in which encryption key is incorporated with fingerprint indexing. Based on the extended chaotic Baker map, the pixel permutation and gray level value substitution are performed to shuffle pixel positions in the original fingerprint images. The encryption key of the pixel permutation is generated by the combination of the random pixel distribution of a fingerprint imprint as well as features used for the fingerprint indexing. In addition to the advantage enjoyed by biometric keys over traditional password/PINs, the proposed biometric encryption approach is very efficient in identity identification within a large database due to the pre-filtering feature of the fingerprint indexing incorporated in the keys. This approach is applicable to the centralized matching scenario where fingerprints need to be encrypted before transmitted. Simulation results have validated the proposed schemes.
KeywordsEncrypt Image Fingerprint Image Biometric Template Fingerprint Match Fingerprint Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Tan, X., Bhanu, B., Lin, Y.: Fingerprint Identification: Classification vs. Indexing. In: Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 151–156 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, T., Zhu, G., Zhang, C., Hao, P.: Fingerprint Indexing Based on Singular Point Correlation. In: Proc. of Intern. Conf. on Image Processing, vol. 3, pp. 293–296 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Boer, J., Bazen, A.M., Gerez, S.H.: Indexing Fingerprint Databases Based on Multiple Features. In: Workshop on Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, Veldhoven, The Netherlands (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Nandakumar, K., Jain, A.K.: Local Correlation-based Fingerprint Matching. In: Proc. of 4th Indian Conf. on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, Kolkata (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, S., Zhang, W., Wang, Y.: Fingerprint Classification by Directional Fields. In: Proc. of 4th IEEE Conf. on Multimodal Interfaces, Pittsburgh, PA, USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Yen, J.C., Guo, J.I.: A New Key-based Design for Image Encryption and Decryption. Proc. of the IEEE Circuits and Systems 4, 49–52 (2000)Google Scholar
- 15.Chen, G., Mao, Y., Chui, C.: A Symmetric Encryption Scheme Based on 3D Chaotic Cat Map, Chaos, Solitons & Fractals. 21, 749–761 (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.Hao, F., Anderson, R., Daugman, J.: Combining Cryptography with Biometrics Effectively, U. Cambridge Tech report UCAM-CL-TR-640Google Scholar
- 17.Biometric Encryption, http://www.bioscrypt.com/assets/biometric_encryption.pdf