DNA Computing Model of the Integer Linear Programming Problem Based on Molecular Beacon
Biological chip technology and DNA computing are new research areas in biology science and information science separately. The essential characteristic of both is the massive parallel of obtaining and managing information. The integer linear programming problem is an important problem in opsearch and it is an NP-complete problem. But up to now, there does not exist any good algorithm yet. A new DNA computing model is provided to solve a integer linear programming problem based on Molecular Beacon chip. In the method, the integer linear programming problem is solved with molecular beacon by fluorescing upon hybridization to their complementary DNA targets. The method has some significant advantages such as simple encoding, excellent sensitivity, high selectivity, low cost, low error, short operating time, reusable surface and simple experimental steps. The result suggest s the potential of Molecular Beacon used as a DNA computer chip.
KeywordsMaximal Clique Complementary Strand Molecular Beacon Satisfiability Problem Integer Linear Programming Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Feynmam, R.P.: In: Gilbart, D.H. (ed.) Minaturization, Reinhold, New York, pp. 282–296 (1961)Google Scholar
- 3.Christos, H., Papadimitriou: Papadimitriou. In: Combinatorial Optimization: Algorithms and Complexity, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Cox, J.C.: The Complexities of DNA Computation. Tibtech 17, 151–154 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Yin, Z.X., Zhang, F.Y.A., Xu, J.: A Chinese Postman Problem Based on DNA Computing. Journal of Chemical Information and Computing Science 42, 222–224 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Bondy, J.A., Murty, U.S.R.: Graph Theory with Applications. The Macmillan Press LTD, New York (1976)Google Scholar
- 17.Gass, S.L.: Linear Programming Methods and Applications, 5th edn. Mc Graw Hill Book company (1988)Google Scholar
- 18.Wang, Y.J., Wang, H., Lie, L.B., et al.: The Molecular Beacon Technology. Hua xue tong bao 67(12), 912–918 (2004)Google Scholar